Security of patient information is an underpinning ethos at Scan doctor, so you can confidently use our services. We understand that Internet interactions can be treacherous due to hacking and therefore, have invested in latest Internet security and encryption, to protect patient data.
All communications with our website use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. The online referral form is encrypted at point of capture using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) technology. As additional security, patient data and medical referral are not stored on our servers.
Payments are processed by Stripe, who are innovative leaders in providing payment processing and accept EU based debit and credit cards. The payment is processed securely and directly by Stripe. Your banking details are not on our servers. And, they are very easy to use including using your mobile phone.
We are compliant with the guidelines of Data Protection Act (1998) and the principles of Information Governance.
The scanned images, are stored on the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) of the hospital, where the scan was done. This also enables sharing of the data, if required with your health care professionals, at other hospitals including NHS hospitals.
Terms and Conditions and Payment Schedule:
1. The schedule of our fee for consultation and therapeutic treatment is available on request. Please note that there are additional hospital costs for all tests, X rays, scans and surgical appliances, if required. You agree to our terms and conditions by attending our clinics.
2. If you do hold Private Medical Insurance (PMI), please agree to check the reimbursement level that will be available to you from your relevant provider for the [procedure/consultation]. If your PMI reimbursement does not cover the fee(s) in full, you agree to pay the difference between the fee(s) and the PMI reimbursement. Self pay patients are responsible for all costs incurred. There is package price available for self paying patients. Please ask the hospital staff for your individual package.
3. You may self refer if you are self funding.
4. You will receive my invoice within 14 days after the date of the procedure/consultation. If you hold PMI, please promptly forward the invoice to the PMI provider in order for them to process payment.
5. In the absence of prior written agreement to the contrary, payment of our charges is required on receipt of our invoice. Failure to make payment within 28 days of the due date will result in the matter being referred to our Debt Collection Agents and their charges (18% + VAT of outstanding debt) will be added to, and payable with the invoice debt.
6. Interest at 2.5% above statutory rate of 8% may be charged in the event of late payment.
7. Payments can be made by online transfer and cash.
8. Non / Late payments are automatically referred to external debt collection agency after 120 days of outstanding invoice. Please note that this would result in additional charges for debt recovery and late payment fees. Data protection; The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will give people greater control over how companies and organisations use their personal information. It means that you have the right to know what kind of information is being collected, how it may be used, when it may need to be shared? We are fully registered with the Information Commissioners office (Reg Ref: Z3620765) and comply with data protection act and now GDPR. We do not share any of your information with any commercial organisations and it is only shared for medical purposes with your clinicians (GP, physiotherapist and other allied health professionals), medical insurers and external debt collection services for billing and recovery purposes. In the unlikely event that a patient / person has cause for a complaint, our practice may need to provide information about that patient and treatment they have received, to our insurers and /or our legal advisers